Based on our extensive experience in ship management, cargo transportation and ship financing, through our established and close contacts in the finance industry, we are able to provide our potential partners and clients with various options of cooperation, including full management, ship finance arrangement and professional support in ship investment projects. Our ship investments are focused mainly on bulk carriers (handysize, handymax and panamax types).
Usually we offer our clients the following formats for ship investments: investment on an individual basis (“one client - one vessel”), co-investments with other investors and co-investment with Baltic Shipping Services when we invest in the vessel together with other investors.
Depending on type of maritime assets (“newbuilding” or “second hand”) to be considered for acquisition we can offer our assistance to potential partners in below fields:
- Acquisition of a new vessel (“newbuilding”) on the basis of a standard shipbuilding contract with agreed date of future delivery.
- Acquisition of a new vessel (“newbuilding”) on the basis of novation agreement with relatively prompt delivery.
- Acquisition of a second hand vessel (up to 12 years old).
Having long term relations with well-established ship building yards in China, South Korea and Japan we can provide our clients with competitive newbuilding prices and with attractive financial terms. Our experience in sale and purchase allows us to offer our clients interesting “off market” opportunities in acquisition of second hand tonnage.
The services we offer in field of ship investments usually are “turnkey” solutions and they include but are not limited to:
- our professional advice in respect of type of tonnage to be acquired;
- arrangement of ship financing and re-financing if required;
- full support during vessel’s acquisition process;
- full management of the vessels;
- long-term time charters arrangements with reliable Charterers;
- disposal (sale) of the vessels;
- advanced reporting system including ship performance analytics;
- administration of ship investment projects.